We are hiring
A Junior Data Scientist
We love people with strong intellectual capacity with the ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex business problems. People which can challenge ideas from others, yet can work together to deliver world class solutions for our clients. If you want to be part of something that is early stage and disruptive, this is the opportunity.
This is a varied role, which therefore requires a driven adaptive individual who is confident with working on individual projects rather than one specific product.
We are looking for a junior data scientist who can provide a positive contribution to our data scientist team. The ideal candidate combines good technical credentials, focused on data science, with the ability to inspire and a desire to reinforce the Beedata team. We also prioritize gender balance, so that we are looking for women profiles
Beedata is a start up company born four years ago from the International Center of Numerical Methods (CIMNE, www.cimne.com) in Catalonia, and has a small and focused software engineering team based just a few kilometers (35Km) from Barcelona city, in the city of Terrassa. The office is just a few minutes walking from the train station (both FGC and Renfe), which means around 40 minutes by train from the center of Barcelona.
Beedata is a data science and analytics company aiming to get accessible Big data technology for small and medium energy retail/distribution companies all over Europe and Latam. By analyzing the smart meter data and other relevant information from customers we provide deep insights into consumption to help customers understand their use and become more active «prosumers». A the same time we help utilities to better engage their customers as well as to improve their internal processes like call center and sales. We offer a complex SaaS platform to deliver our big data analytics techniques at scale and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers.
Being In The Team At Beedata
We believe in nurturing a relaxed physical and intellectual environment that encourages innovation. We positively encourage people to participate in the development process by contributing their ideas and experience, helping us improve both our products and the way we build them. We offer job flexibility, part time of the job at home, and reconciliation of work and family and other motivations life.
We are backed by leading Private Equity firms such as Innoenergy (www.innoenergy.com/), an energy cooperative retailer (www.somenergia.coop), and the public research center called CIMNE (http://www.cimnetecnologia.com). As we grow, career development opportunities are ripe for the right individuals. Advancement could include moving upwards in the technical disciplines as well as laterally into technical
- Support to the improvement of current analytics backend features and verification process;
- Support to the implementation of new cleansing, clustering and forecasting algorithms;
- Mine large data sets;
- Support engineering team in analytics deployment.
- Degree and/or master in statistics, mathematics, computer science or engineering;
- 1-3 years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar;
- Demonstrable proficiency in statistics (forecasting, clustering, ..) and operations research;
- Demonstrable experience in R and Python programming;
- (desired) Demonstrable experience in time series analytics;
- (desired) Experience with SQL;
- (desired) Experience with Big Data technologies (hadoop, spark, …);
- (desired) Experience with test driven development;
- Passionate for energy industry (utilities, renewables, …);
- Passionate for analytics. Driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Full-time or part time contract
- Collaboration with university research group (Beegroup-CIMNE)
Flexibility. Part time of the job at home and reconciliation of work and family and other life motivations.
If you are a candidate;
Please, send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Edificio GAIA (TR14)
08222 Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain)