We are hiring
A Software Developer in Python
We love people with strong intellectual capacity, with the ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex problems. People which can challenge ideas from others, yet can work together to deliver world class solutions for our clients. We look for people that regard the colleagues as your “Professional Friends”. You would not let them down and in turn, they will not let you down. If you want to be part of something that is early stage and disruptive, this is the opportunity.
This is a varied role, which therefore requires a driven, adaptive individual who is confident with working on individual projects rather than one specific product. Beedata is seeking an outstanding software developer to join our Engineering team to develop, release and support the big data team with the development of a back end based on Hadoop. You will be working with our data scientists, developers and other specialists to integrate and deploy our software as a service products, ensure that features get developed safely, tested thoroughly, deployed quickly and will run smoothly. This role plays a critical part in the success of our services. The new job will have to work on the development and continuous maintenance of the Back end and the Front end of the Big data platform. We also need to have a high capacity to work in design of modules of calculation based on the existing python code, to make it easier to calculate over the hadoop architecture, including flexibility in the design process and creation of the modules.
The ideal candidate combines technical credentials, focused on python, and model view controller, with the ability to understand and interact with Hadoop architectures, inspire and a desire to reinforce the Beedata team. We also prioritize gender balance, so that we are looking for women profiles
Beedata is a start up company born four years ago from the International Center of Numerical Methods (CIMNE, http://www.cimne.com) in Catalonia, and has a small and focused software engineering team based just a few kilometers (35Km) from Barcelona city, in the city of Terrassa. The office is just a few minutes walking from the train station (both FGC and Renfe), which means around 40 minutes by train from the center of Barcelona. We promote remote work and flexibility to our team members.
Beedata is a data science and analytics company aiming to get accessible Big data technology for small and medium energy retail/distribution companies all over Europe and Latam. By analyzing the smart meter data and other relevant information from customers of the energy providers (both residential and commercial), we provide deep insights into consumption to help customesrs understand their use and become more active «prosumers», and utilities to better engage their customers, as well as to improve their internal processes like call center and sales. We offer a complex SaaS platform to deliver our open source big data analytics techniques at scale, and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers through API’s or web applications. Our entire stack is based on Hadoop framework, and core programming languages and frameworks / libraries include Python, Pandas libraries and R statistics.
Being at the team Beedata
We believe in nurturing a relaxed physical and intellectual environment that encourages innovation. We positively encourage people to participate in the development process by contributing their ideas and experience, helping us improve both our products and the way we build them. We offer job flexibility, part time of the job at home, and reconciliation of work and family and other motivations life.
Beedata is an early stage company at the stage of consolidation and starting the scalability. Through an initial H2020 project, many consulting engagements, and some commercial pilot projects (early adopters) with energy retail and DSO companies started, we have currently established a set of core needs that utilities will need in the next years in order to run over the energy transition. We completed our third MVP two years ago and this is being deployed to leading independent small and medium companies including some of the most important coops, regional DSO and state company utilities in both the EU and Latam. We are backed by leading Private Equity firms such as Innoenergy (innoenergy.com), an energy cooperative retailer (somenergia.coop), a local energy utility (Peusa) and the public research center called CIMNE (cimnetecnologia.com). As we grow, career development opportunities are ripe for the right individuals. Advancement could include moving upwards in the technical disciplines (for example QA management & product management) as well as laterally into technical consulting.
- Work within the team of software developers to help the design, document, development and maintenance of back end and front end applications in response to our Clients’ needs and our business development direction / strategy
- Understanding the requirements of input to output transformations of the different clients for the hadoop framework, coding with python, which at the same time acts as a bridge between the analytic software and scripts bases on R and Python (Pandas) and the front end
- Add functionalities to the BeeData platform using the tools available (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Mongo DB)
- Design efficient workflows for a task.
- Build distributed, reliable and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in real and non real-time.
- Help to modify and extend existing API and Front end functionalities.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Informatics or similar
- FP2 informatics is also accepted
- Minimum of 2 years working with Python, or courses done with python as a code
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Model Vista Controller)
- Knowledge or experience in hadoop-spark architectures and big data
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases (SQL) and non-relational (Mongo DB)
- Ability to analyze the processes in order to optimize the use of resources or the execution time
- Self-employed capacity and decision-making
- Experience or formation in design and use of RESTful API
- Focus on Agile development methodologie
- Version control system knowledge (GIT)
From 33.000 to 40.000 €/yr depending on experience and location.
Contact Xavier Cipriano: email@example.com