We are hiring! Software developer
Number of positions: 1
Required professional category: University degree
Location: Terrassa (Barcelona) and teleworking
Gross annual salary: 33.000€ to 36.000€/year depending on experience and location
Planned duration: 24 months
- Be aged 16 or over and under the age of 30.
- Be registered as unemployed and registered as a job seeker with the SOC at the time of contracting.
- Not have carried out any type of research activity in the same entity in the period of 6 months immediately prior to the start of the contract.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar.
We love people with strong intellectual capacity, with the ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex problems. People which can challenge ideas from others, yet can work together to deliver world class solutions for our clients. We look for people that regard the colleagues as your “Professional Friends”. You would not let them down and in turn, they will not let you down. If you want to be part of something that is early stage and disruptive, this is the opportunity.
This is a varied role, which therefore requires a driven, adaptive individual who is confident with working on individual projects rather than one specific product. Beedata is seeking an outstanding software developer to join our Engineering team to develop, release and support the big data team with the development of a back end based on Hadoop and python. You will be working with our data scientists, developers and other specialists to integrate and deploy our software as a service products, ensure that features get developed safely, tested thoroughly, deployed quickly and will run smoothly. This role plays a critical part in the success of our services.
The new job will have to work on the development and continuous maintenance of the Back end and the Front end of the Big data platform. We also need to have a high capacity to work in design of modules of calculation based on the existing python code, to make it easier to calculate over the hadoop architecture, including flexibility in the design process and creation of the modules.
The ideal candidate combines technical credentials, focused on python, and model view controller, with the ability to inspire and a desire to reinforce the Beedata team. We also prioritize gender balance, so that we are looking for women profiles
Beedata (www.beedataanalytics.com) is a start up company born 5 years ago from the International Center of Numerical Methods (CIMNE, http://www.cimne.com) in Catalonia, and has a small and focused software engineering team based just a few kilometers (35Km) from Barcelona city, in the city of Terrassa. The office is just a few minutes walking from the train station (both FGC and Renfe), which means around 40 minutes by train from the center of Barcelona.
Beedata is a data science and analytic company aiming to get accessible Big data technology for small and medium energy retail/distribution companies all over Europe and Latam. By analyzing the smart meter data and other relevant information from customers of the energy providers (both residential and commercial), we provide deep insights into consumption to help customers understand their use and become more active «prosumers», and utilities to better engage their customers, as well as to improve their internal processes like call center and sales. We offer a complex SaaS platform to deliver our open source big data analytic techniques at scale, and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers through API’s or web applications.
Our entire stack is based on Hadoop framework, and core programming languages and frameworks / libraries include Python, Pandas libraries and R statistics.
You will be integrated within the company’s data science team and will participate in the design and programming of the big data architecture (Hadoop, Spark) necessary for the scalability of the energy data analytics service called beeAdvisor, which promotes energy savings and photovoltaic self-consumption. The main tasks will consist of the functional and operational design of the big data architecture within the Cloudera environment, its programming and implementation, and subsequent optimisation so that it can work with fast response times for thousands of users who connect every day to know the status of their energy consumption and self-production, and who want to implement actions to save or make better use of solar energy.
- Work within the team of software developers to help the design, document, development and maintenance of back end and front end applications in response to our Clients’ needs and our business development direction / strategy.
- Understanding the requirements of input to output transformations of the different clients for the hadoop framework, coding with python, which at the same time acts as a bridge between the analytic software and scripts bases on R and Python (Pandas) and the front end.
- Add functionalities to the BeeData platform using the tools available (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Mongo DB).
- Design efficient big data architectures for the implementation of the analytic processes.
- Build distributed, reliable and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in real and non real-time.
- Help to modify and extend existing API and Front end functionalities.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Informatics or similar,
- Minimum of 2 years working with Python,
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Model Vista Controller),
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or ther big data framework,
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases (SQL) and non relational (Mongo DB),
- Ability to analyze the processes in order to optimize the use of resources or the execution time,
- Self-employed capacity and decision-making,
- Experience in design and use of RESTful API,
- Focus on Agile development methodology,
- Version control system knowledge (GIT).
Xavier Cipriano (CEO) firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a candidate
Send us your presentation letter and CV to email@example.com